Tuesday, June 29, 2004

POKER HAND #6

CLOUTIER'S FAMOUS MYSTERY HAND ANECDOTE: This one is in a Cloutier-McEvoy book and T.J. brings it up in almost every interview, so best to get it out of the way now.

I was playing pot-limit hold'em down in Shreveport. We'd been playing for quite a few hours and there was a lot of money on the table. A hand came up in which I had the stone nuts on fourth street. I had $5,000 in front of me and made a $2,000 bet. Wayne Edmunds was in the game and he had a habit of putting his head down after he called a bet, so that he never saw what was going on anywhere else. As I was making my bet, the dealer grabbed my cards and threw them in the muck. Of course, Wayne didn't see it happen. "What do I do now?!" I was wondering. I have big hands and so I just kept them out in front of me like I was protecting my cards. The dealer burned and then turned the river card. I bet my last $3,000 and Wayne threw his hand away. I won the pot without any cards! Everybody at the table except Wayne saw what had happened, but nobody said a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Criminal Law Lawyer