Saturday, July 24, 2004

POKER HAND #16

OUR FIRST HAND BY SUBMISSION: I turn it over to Colin Hartnett.

I stayed away from the poker craze, but now I am taking it up so I can take Nick's money when I go to LA.

This is my first-ever game of hold 'em... limit. I'm holding a 9s-10s,and I'm sitting right next to the big blind, so I play it as you'd expect before the flop... just call everything. Then the flop comes: Js-Qs-Ks. I did a quick double-take... couldn't believe I was that lucky with the junk hands I'd had up to that point. I slow-played the flop since it was 7-way action, letting the other players do all the raising and re-raising. Then after the turn I come out hard and do some raising, hoping to make anyone who made a flush think 4th Street helped me and they had me beat. Only a couple of players fold at this point. I kept betting hard after the river, and the action winds up head-to-head. After three betting rounds, my opponent checks, and I
flip the nut straight flush. It was pure bliss, baby, taking the biggest pot of the session.

NEXT STOP: AC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Criminal Law Lawyer