Saturday, August 14, 2004

POKER HAND #20

LAST NIGHT'S GAME: I had a strong outing on Friday night, outside of one costly error. Stupidly I bluffed $14 dollars on a stone cold bluff and the other guy could practically smell me coming.

I did one of my favorite traps plays as well. I need to apologize to Gideon Friedman for making him fall victim to this stupid ploy. I picked up the suited Q-7 in an unraised pot. The flop came down 9-7-7 and I was practically jumping for joy. Naturally I checked it right away and Gideon bet. I just called. When the turn came K, I checked again. Gideon bet. I looked at my cards like I was looking at a midrange pocket pair and Gideon was, after my raise, all too happy to put me all-in. He had the A-A, which makes sense, but he was dead to all but an ace and I dodged heartbreak on the river.

Another interesting hand came up when I picked up the 10-10. I was short stack and looking to double-up on somebody. I called a raise on the flop. After the flop came down rainbow K-6-4 another player bet $7 to put me all in. I decided to call, which was tough at the time because I really thought he might have that K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Criminal Law Lawyer