Sunday, October 17, 2004

POKER HAND #46

NICK FREILICH WRITES IN WITH A QUICK ONE FROM D.C.: Here's a common situation where it just doesn't pay to call a bet. Nick unfortunately went all-in in the spot.

Playing hold 'em, and I bought in 3 times at $10 a pop. I thought about walking away until I picked up the Q-10 suited. Flop comes K-J-9 rainbow. I slowplay, I mean really slow. Next card is a 5. I'm still slowplaying. Next card is off is a 10. I go all in, and you can’t be much stupider, because the fool next to me, of course, has A-Q. There was nothing in the pot. Terrible move. If he DOES call he either has Q or A-Q. I'm going to fire myself after that one.

To his credit, he never takes bad beats hard and ended up on the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Criminal Law Lawyer